File Sharing allows you to copy items from one computer to another, or to use files stored on another computer. Instructions and pertinent background information on sharing are provided here to help you.
Summary of File Sharing:
- Mac OS X 10.0 and later allow you to share the contents of your Public folder.
- Others can also copy files to your Drop Box folder located in your Public folder.
- You set up File Sharing using the Sharing and Network panes of the System Preferences application.
- You can further define your Sharing privileges using the Info window.
- Mac OS X offers services that allow you to both share with and connect to other operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows.
To find out all you need to know about how this works, take a look at this Apple Support Article.