What a great start to 2011! Our January meeting was well attended with 48 people in attendance including 4 visitors. Be sure to tell your friends that we are happy for them to attend our meetings even without becomming a member right away. We hope we can show enough value in our organization that will make them want to invest in group membership but our meetings are open to all.
The theme of the meeting was iLife'11 and included a presentation that I made on the enhancements in iLife that come to us from the iLife'11 release. These enhancements include:
- A new full screen interface. This is the most obvious change and
will take a bit of time to learn were everything has moved to.
- Deeper connections to Facebook.
- More templates for emailing photos and creating slideshows.
- More options for creating printed books and cards.
- One step special effects such as instant replay.
- A new "Movie Trailer" creation tool.
- Advanced audio ediiting.
Garage Band '11
- Automatic Rhythm correction tools.
- New guitar amps and effects.
- New and advanced piano and guitar lessons.
Over all, a great release and well worth the update price for the iMovie enhancements alone. Door prize winners for this meeting were:
- aJ 6-in-1 desk tool Dan Walsh
- aJ Stress apple Jenice Taggart
- iLife '11 Ed Brandt
- iTunes $10 gift card Tom Vaughn
- aJ Bag clip (purple) Trish Snell
- appleJAC Bag clip Bill Webb
- appleJAC Pen Zach Fletcher
Our next meeting will be held on February 1st, 2011, at 7:00 pm in our regular meeting room at Lewis and Clark Middle School in Jefferson City. Join us that evening to learn about exciting new trends and Products from MacWorld Expo. Part of the presentations will also cover Apple's new Macintosh Apps Store.
Just a reminder: If the Jefferson City Public Schools are closed on our meeting day due to inclement weather, we will not hold the appleJAC meeting that night.
Have a great month and join us for the presentation on Macworld Expo at the February meeting.