Author: J.D. Biersdorfer
Publisher: O'Reilly Media / Pogue Press
Released: October 2010
Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-9047-1 | ISBN 10: 1-4493-9047-1
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-4493-0182-8 | ISBN 10: 1-4493-0182-7
As stated on this book’s website, “Apple's iPod still has the world hooked on portable music, pictures, videos, movies, and more, but one thing it doesn't have is a manual that helps you can get the most out this amazing device. That's where this book comes in. Get the complete scoop on the latest line of iPods and the latest version of iTunes with the guide that outshines them all — iPod: The Missing Manual.”
The ninth edition is as useful, satisfying, and reliable as its subject. It is filled with high-quality color graphics, each page helps you accomplish a specific task — everything from managing your media and installing and browsing iTunes to keeping calendars and contacts. Whether you have a brand-new iPod or an old favorite, this book provides crystal-clear colorful explanations and expert guidance on all of the things you can do.
The Table of Contents provides a useful overview of the topics described (each chapter has many subchapters that go into tremendous detail):
- Chapter 01: Meet the iPod: Out of the Box and Into Your Ears in 15 Minutes
- Chapter 02: Bopping Around the iPod Nano, Shuffle, and Classic
- Chapter 03: Touring the Touch
- Chapter 04: iTunes Basics
- Chapter 05: iTunes Power Moves
- Chapter 06: The Power of Playlists
- Chapter 07: Shop the iTunes Store
- Chapter 08: It’s Showtime: Video on the iPod
- Chapter 09: Picture Your Photos on the iPod
- Chapter 10: The iPod as Personal Assistant
- Chapter 11: Surf the Web with the iPod Touch
- Chapter 12: iPod and iTunes Out Loud
- Chapter 13: What to Do When Your iPod Isn’t Working Right
This is a delightful book that was first produced almost 10 years ago, then repeatedly updated to recognize all of the versions of the iPod as time marched along. It is not only educational, but also quite entertaining as we journey through all the audio and visual aspect of this incredible product. It definitely has a place in your library, whether paper or ebook. The prices are very reasonable.
By going to the O’Reilly website (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920010876.do), to can purchase the print version for $19.99, or the book (APK, DAISY, ePub, Mobi, PDF) version for $15.99. If you are an Amazon fan, then the paperback version can be acquired there for $12.99, or the Kindle ebook version for $9.99. As with all Missing Manual publications (of which I have many), this is another treasure for your collection.